Monday, January 3, 2011

Great Opportunities

I feel like in my life I have been given many great opportunities to better myself and help others. These range from teaching elementary, being an EFY counselor, a daughter and sister to my wonderful parents and siblings, a wife and mother to my favorite two men in the whole world, and being a member of Christ's church. I have been so grateful for each opportunity and learned many lessons from each experience.
A week before Christmas, a lady from my ward who works as a counselor in one of the local middle schools called to tell me about an adjunct teaching position at Delta State University she had heard about and thought I would be perfect for. When I got off the phone with Sis. Buckley, I called the lady at DSU for more information. After discussing the details with Joseph, we decided I should apply for the position. I am now the newest faculty member at DSU. I will teach two sections of Science Methods for Elementary Education majors. It pays $1000 a semester hour, and I get one free graduate level course for every course I teach. I guess that means I'll be starting on my specialty or doctorate come summer. I'm a little sad to leave my baby, but it is just for six hours a week. I set my schedule as a Monday night course and a Tuesday/ Thursday morning class. Right now between my husband and in-laws, Jonah will not have to go to a babysitter. Once planting season starts, we'll have to talk about what we are going to do for childcare. I don't want to leave my baby, but as a family we felt that this was to good of an opportunity for us to pass up. Plus it will give me a little adult interaction that I miss sometimes (not that I would change being a stay at home mom for anything in the world and still consider myself one.) How thankful I am for the wonderful blessings in my life and the opportunities I have to grow and become a better person and hopefully help others as well.

4 comments:

  1. That is great news!!!!! How exciting. You will do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! You are a great teacher!! I know from my child having been in your care for more hours a day than she was in mine!!!

    I am excited you started this blog, and it is about time!! Marissa will be SO excited to be able to keep up with you, now just add some pictures so we can see all your cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic! You will be perfect for this. Teaching as adjunct is really fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan that is awesome! I am so proud of you and know you're going to do so amazingly well teaching at Delta State! I wish I were around to help out with my future son-in-law! Hopefully soon! We love you and we miss you and we're so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete