Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Great Example!!

In the past conference for our church, their was a talk given on Saturday morning by a counselor in the Primary general presidency about becoming like a child. In the talk she mentions that we are given children so that we might learn more about our Heavenly Father and becoming like Him. - This is sad to admit but right now the only picture of Christ I have up in our house is a smalll postcard size picture. It is the picture of him in the red robe. Anyway, a week or so ago I had Jonah in my arms when I went to get something out of the fridge (why I had never had to do this before is beyond me.) Well, as I'm holding him, he starts to go wild; squealing, waving his arms, and then clapping his hands.(Like he does when he sees one of his grandmas or his daddy.) Then I realized that he was doing it towards the picture of Jesus. He was reaching out to him like he wanted to hold him. To me it was like he was saying; "I know this man. I know He loves me and cares for me!!" To me it was a great example of knowing who the Savior is and what he can mean in our lives. I hope that when I meet the Savior that I will have the same recognition/ response. Jonah still gets pretty excited when I hold him up by the refrigerator.

1 comment: